Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Encouraging My TERRIFIC THREE

Ramiro and I had fun snuggling up last night and watching the FAB FIVE compete and win gold in the Olympics last night. We were amazed at their abilities and wondered at the feelings their parents must have been experiencing watching them go for their dreams. I also wondered at how those parents have encouraged and supported their children throughout their lives. How interesting it would be to study these parents and see what traits they might share in raising champions.


Earlier this year, Hannah and Luke participated in their own "Mini-Olympics" at their gymnastics school. I think they beamed as much that day as the FAB FIVE did last night. That day, and everyday, my children are my champions. How I want to build them up and support them so that they can reach their goals, and more importantly, God's plan for their lives.


Several of the FAB FIVE girls said they were 8-years-old when they first watched the Olympics. Our 8-year-old was watching with her Nana and Aunt Doris in Elgin. We wondered if she was watching and dreaming of being in the Olympics one day. Whatever our childrens' dreams, I  pray that they will be in line with what God wants for their lives. I pray that He will give them the courage and stamina to work toward them and Ramiro and I the wisdom and strength to help them get there. 


Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them. Ephesians 4:29 (New Living Translation)



1 comment:

  1. Very beautiful post. Miss you! Hope you and your family are doing well.

    ReplyDelete