Monday, March 28, 2011

Visiting M. D. Anderson


Today I came to M. D. Anderson Cancer Center to be with a friend for her first appointment at M. D. Anderson. As I drove up to the building I experienced a feeling I wasn't quite prepared for - I was homesick. I LOVE M. D. Anderson. It still feels like a second home to me. Much of my growing up was done here at M. D. Anderson. Some patients before they get here incorrectly imagine it as a place where death looms. Patients and employees know that it is a place of hope and life. While working here I learned so much about living and serving others. How surreal it is to be here and not be wearing a badge and assisting patients with their needs. I am so grateful for the opportunity to be a full-time mom and wouldn't give it up for a second, but I am also so grateful that I had the opportunity to serve others and feel the love and joy of this place for so many years.

0 comments:

Post a Comment