Saturday, July 23, 2011

Cooking Light®

I LOVE Cooking Light® (CL) magazine! My love for CL began in the summer of 2000. It had been almost a year since Ramiro and I got married and we had celebrated every night with mega amounts of food and Blue Bell ice cream. I had gained around 15 pounds in 1 year and knew I needed to make a change. There was a Weight Watchers® (WW) group that met at work, and I decided to join and give it a try. Around that time I also bought a CL magazine. Since CL listed all the nutritional data under each recipe, it was easy for me to use along with the WW Point System.

CL opened up a whole new world for Ramiro and I. We were foodies at heart, but didn't know it yet! Since I had to plan my points each day for WW, I began to write a menu for each week and put the number of points I would be eating by each meal. CL made that easy. Almost every day of the week had at least one CL recipe. Cooking became such an adventure. Many times I would go to the grocery store with at least one item on the list that I had never seen before, or if I had, I didn't know it. CL really helped us discover food!

After about eight months of being on WW and making CL recipes, I lost 15-20 pounds, but I was eating better than I ever had! Even though I have become a little more lax about my nutrition, (having 3 kids will do that to you) I still love CL. Many of the CL recipes have become old favorites. Every once in a while I will post a good one that I think everyone should try. If you have a favorite, please share!

0 comments:

Post a Comment